Senior Account Manager
About the role
Experience-Interaction is a digital-first marketing agency that delivers strategy, creative services and technology solutions to drive brands forward. They believe successful work is born from clear communication, critical thinking and nimble execution and work in collaboration with brands to develop digital ecosystems that inspire, engage and perform.
Many of the job responsibilities are consistent with an Account Manager role and must be upheld; however, this position manages multiple relationships with the clients, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery.
You will work directly with clients and oversee project teams from kick off through completion including campaign ideation and planning, content creation, CRM strategy and website development. Strong communication skills, project management experience, and motivation to achieve our clients’ goals are essential. The position assumes financial responsibility of managing project budgets and strategic understanding of the client business and provides sound and responsible client counsel.
In addition, as a Senior Account Manager you’ll forge strong client relationships and support strategic planning initiatives for your accounts. They have experience navigating large organizations, solving complex marketing challenges and implementing processes to create workflow efficiencies. They are willing problem-solvers, ready to dig in and remove roadblocks for their client and internal teams as needed.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams at varying engagement levels and experience managing web development and CRM engagements. They have excellent time management skills and are masters at prioritizing tasks to get work done on budget and in time.
As a Senior Account Manager, you will report directly to the Account Director on your team and will work with members of the creative, technology, digital marketing, and account management teams.
- Ensuring operational excellence on all accounts managed
- Maintain and grow knowledge of client’s business and industry
- Directs team relative to clients’ business goals and objectives to inform projects.
- Keep the team aware of and advise on competitive activity
- Focus on client projects or brands directing execution of projects (60%), mining new opportunities (30%) and strategic planning (10%)
- Day-to-day client contact
- Informs direction of team in execution of project deliverables
- Oversees management of resource allocations for brands managed
- Activates internal leadership to maximize opportunity around areas of interest and new opportunities for brands managed
- Leads or is the lead representative for the agency in key client meetings:
- Status meetings
- Brand/Project briefings
- Cross-agency partner / IAT meetings
- Presentations of Experience-Interaction work
- Financial management responsibilities include:
- Draft, review and/or deliver to client: estimates, SOWs and timelines, ensuring that all includes are 1:1:1
- Managing financial projections and billing for brands managed; flag risks and opportunities early and often with recommendations to keep forecast on track as appropriate
- Review monthly billing spreadsheets with clients as applicable
- Regularly meets with and informs Account Director and SVP on status of projects, specifically:
- Oversee monthly client health meetings
- Ownership of QBRs
- Participation in commercial status meetings
- Strategic Planning:
- Set up strategic planning goals and milestones for internal teams
- Inform the deliverables and project plan for planning initiatives
- Support your Senior account teams as needed to deliver timeline and budgets that support strategic planning recommendation
Traits We Look For
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A leader who facilitates team problem solving through a positive attitude and response with a solutions-first mindset in high pressure situations
- Able to interface effectively lead communication with all levels of employees and external stakeholders
- Ability to create opportunity, present ideas and upsell services to drive better results for your clients
- Be plugged-in and have an insatiable curiosity about emerging trends. Actively looks to help feed both the creative and digital marketing departments with fodder to make the work better.
- Strong interest in digital marketing trends
- Ability to positively represent the agency within client IATs
- Self-starter and results/goals oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-6+ years of experience
- Experience leading multiple brands under a single portfolio of brands
- Understanding of how to navigate complex client organizations, position the agency and forge long-standing relationships with client partners
- E-commerce or other web development project experience
- Experience leading client initiatives that included Email/CRM, CRO, SEO and SEM
- DTC experience a plus
- Understanding of Google Analytics, as well as back-end tools of social channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok
- Ability to direct the development of insight-driven reporting with clear recommendations and areas of optimization
- Medical, dental vision and life insurance
- 401K match after 3 months of employment
- Bonus PTO days to celebrate the day you were born, volunteering and personal wellness
- Referral Bonuses
- Remote work options for all employees